The Senior Cost Accountant will partner with Supply Chain and Engineering teams to setup and maintain accurate bill of material cost structures for both manufactured and purchased finished goods. This position will analyze how changes in commodity & conversion costs impact product costs to support line reviews with customers as well as internal budgeting & forecasting. The positions will ensure accurate perpetual inventory balances are maintained for consigned inventory and inventory at 3PL's.
- Establish and maintain accurate bill of material cost structures for manufactured and purchased finished goods.
- Maintain accurate perpetual inventory balances for consigned inventory and inventory at 3PL's.
- Analyze variances to standard, understand drivers, and determine impact to the P&L.
- Analyze costs for proposed items / new product development process.
- Ensure bill of material costs are flowing through to the GL properly.
- Work with third party warehouse contacts to coordinate annual physical inventory and update to perpetual.
- Miscellaneous ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to verify accuracy of work via reconciliations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Confidentiality - Ability to maintain and secure company, department and employee information in
- a professional and highly ethical manner
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race,
- ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his
- or her own drive or initiative.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting requiredExperience
Three to 5 years related experience in a multi-site, manufacturing environment.Skills & Abilities
Computer Skills - Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Work Environment
Office environment in a controlled atmosphere building. Some exposure to the dust, odors and noise of a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)