If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Hospital and Clinics has an exciting opportunity for a full time Sr. Certified Medical Assistant to work in Miami. The Medical Assistant assists in the examination and treatment of patients, under the direction of a physician. Moreover, the incumbent interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. The Medical Assistant also draws and collects blood samples from patients and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis.
Core Job Functions may include:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Gives injections and treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Assists in patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patient.
- Assists with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments and materials to the doctor as directed.
- Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments while observing principles of sterile technique.
- Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for laboratory work.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records and documentation.
- Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies, and assists in performing clerical duties.
- Escorts and transports patients to various hospital locations.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Complete assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Flexibility (work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.)
- Maintain University's core values.
- Work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- HIV Certification
- BLS Certification
- Three years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: