The Senior Auditor will assist Internal Audit Management in planning and executing the annual Sarbanes-Oxley audit plan, audits of company-owned and franchise restaurants as well as operational audits that are focused on evaluating business processes and making process improvement recommendations. This key role's responsibilities include but not limited to the evaluation, testing, analysis, and conclusion over the design and effectiveness of the Company's internal controls as well as identifying process improvement opportunities. This position will also be responsible for working closely with process owners to assess and evaluate action plans for control deficiencies and to ensure deficiencies are satisfactorily remediated in a timely manner.
* Assist the IT Audit Manager in the planning and execution of the annual SOX audit plan.
Assist management in updating current process documentation and actively partner with management to ensure effective controls are in place to address IT General Control (ITGC) risks.
Execute risk-based internal audit programs.
Prepare work papers documenting procedures performed and that fully support audit findings.
Ensure audit conclusions are based upon a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk to the organization.
Recommend improvements that are relevant, practical, and effectively address and corrects areas of control concern and communicate findings to process owners.
Assist in the preparation of Internal Audit reports which include formal recommendations to management for review and implementation.
Track and follow up on audit findings for remediation.
* Lead walkthroughs and perform testing procedures on SOX ITGC and Application controls and document testing results. Review the effectiveness of the issue remediation and/or implementation of recommendations. Instruct junior staff on the control evaluation and documentation process as needed.
* Establish effective and positive working relationships with process owners at various levels. Identify and understand process changes and the company initiatives that are relevant to SOX compliance.
* Participate in special reviews, restaurant audits, franchise audits, and operational audits as assigned and train junior staff on the department's audit process, workpaper quality and communication standards.
* Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes to relevant guidance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and PCAOB Audit Standards, GAAP).
* Use self-study and continuing education to remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of accounting, and internal audit assessments, methodologies, and frameworks (COBIT, COSO, IPPF).
* Perform other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by Internal Audit Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or equivalent required
At least 2 years of meaningful experience in internal/external IT auditing including 1 year of leading ITGC evaluation and control testing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
* Understanding of internal auditing, GAAP, PCAOB standards, Sarbanes Oxley, and the COBIT framework.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to challenge; ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems and develop relationships with stakeholders.
* Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to independently complete and manage multiple assignments with varying deadlines. Must be a self-starter.
* Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
* Possesses strong intellectual curiosity and business acumen.
* Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information.
* Ability to travel up to 15% of of the time
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification or in progress is highly desirable.
Advanced Degree (MBA/MIS/MS) desirable.
Public company internal/external auditing experience.
Working knowledge of TeamMate or similar audit management software.
Experience using the Oracle Cloud ERP financial system.
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby's, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin', Jimmy John's, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We're made up of some of the world's most iconic restaurant brands, but we're much more than just a restaurant company. We're a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple-it's an experience. At Inspire, that's our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.