Sr. Actuarial Analyst
Everest Global Services, Inc.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
The Reinsurance Pricing Department of Everest Global Services, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. is looking for an Actuarial Analyst II / Senior Actuarial Analyst to join either our Warren, New Jersey office or New York City office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Price reinsurance treaties and liaise with underwriting in support of our Middle East & Africa book, with potential support for other International EvRe offices (e.g., United Kingdom, Europe, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, Asia Pacific)
- In addition to transactional actuarial pricing analyses will be responsible for conducting lines of business studies, profitability reviews, portfolio management, and ad-hoc modeling work
- Working closely with the Solutions team to develop and test new models related to reinsurance pricing, as well as improve existing models
- Collaborate with other actuaries, underwriters and management to ensure consistency and support a diverse book of business
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- 3-7 years of P&C actuarial pricing experience, large account, or reinsurance pricing
- 3+ actuarial exams and pursuing credentialing in the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Experience in project work and tool development
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Proficiency in a programming language (SQL, VBA, Python, and/or R) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting results to a diverse audience
- Flexible and responsive to dynamic business needs including tight turnaround times
- A business-oriented focus (motivated, self-directed, organized and analytical)
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
For NYC Only: The base salary range for this position is $85,000-$120,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.
New York, NY
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.