WEG: Our Company
Founded in 1961, WEG is recognized as one of the largest electric machine manufacturers in the world. WEG employs over 30,000 people around the globe and offers a diversified and integrated product line, with sales to more than 135 countries worldwide. Our U.S. operations are growing at an ambitious rate and we're looking for hardworking individuals to help us move forward with this aggressive growth plan.
WEG is committed to building quality products and providing efficient solutions. To achieve this goal, we strive for continuous investment in innovation and team work. Helping people reach their goals by living the values of the company is a passion shared by everyone at WEG.
At WEG, our Values stand as: Human Company, Team Work, Efficiency, Flexibility, Innovation and Leadership.
As a Human Company, we value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
WEG, also, supports Green Initiatives such as the implementation of a company-wide recycling program, the use of green chemicals for office cleaning, the elimination of Styrofoam cups, and installation of HVAC economizers on rooftop units and an energy management system to improve overall energy efficiency.
Role: Production Operator (2nd & 3rd Shift)
You may see yourself in this role, if you are an experienced production operator who has mechanical and/or electrical aptitude, a strong work ethic, two years prior manufacturing experience, and are looking for a serious career opportunity.
You will perform a range of tasks in the production of a transformer:
- Reading, understanding and interpreting Bills of Materials (BOMs), drawings, schematics and specifications to complete assignments with limited supervision;
- Operating HV winding machines
- Framing and top-yoking active part.
- Properly identifying and calculating lengths of cable for all lead runs; preparing leads as well as cable assemblies; making all Low-Voltage (LV) and High-Voltage (HV) connections, Load Tap Changer (LTC) connections, preventive auto transformer connections and/or series booster transformer connections if applicable. Route and tie off leads.
- Verifying correct installation of insulation and lead runs for running cable leads, ensuring all clearances are maintained and all crimped, bolted and/or brazed connections are installed.
- Preparing cover, installing bushings, and other hardware for mounting onto tank or active part.
- Moving unit to and from test bay using overhead crane.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two years of prior manufacturing experience;
- Ability to work evening or night shift;
- Able to work over-time as needed;
- Resides within reasonable commuting distance--no relocation assistance available.
WEG offers competitive compensation, meaningful and exciting career options, as well as excellent benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability. Read about our career opportunities below and inquire about being a member of our first-class team. Apply Today:
Do you have passion for safety?
Do you have a strong work ethic?
Do you want to be part of a growing company?
If you answered "Yes" & meet our qualifications, we invite you to apply today to join the WEG Team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Authorized UsersNone Set
Sources Email Alias Bulk Email Alias Email Upload email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Company Job Board Post Immediately bulk.Post Immediately Internal Job Board Post Immediately bulk.Post Immediately Custom Source
1. Careerbuilder 2. Gwinnett Tech 3. Handshake 4. Indeed 5. LinkedIn 6. Linkup 7. Open Source 8. Referral 9. WEG Employee or Prior Employee 10. Ziprecruiter
Requisition Status:Closed Reason: Percent Travel:
Equal Employment Oppurtunity Reporting and Auto-Reply
EEO Type:Turn on Auto Reply Email:
Requisition Approval Workflow
First Approval Email:What is outcome-based hiring?
Outcome-based hiring, a process that has shown a 90% hiring success rate, refocuses your hiring team and interview process on the goals, or outcomes, you expect your ew hire to accomplish.
Outcome-based hiring is part of The " A Method" outlined in the New York Times bestseller Who . The " A Method," a process used by Global 1000 companies, aligns outcomes with the mission and competencies for the role to make the screening and interview process more effective and efficient for your hiring team. This alignment results in greater than average likelihood of hiring A players.
ClearCompany's Talent Success Platform empowers you to do the outcome-based hiring of the " A Method" so you can consistently hire A players.