About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Special Events Manager (F) Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph required.
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is currently soliciting applicants for a upcoming new business opportunity in the Washington Metropolitan area. All applicants must hold a current TS-SCI w\ full scope polygraph clearance.
EMCOR is preparing to respond to a government RFP for the facilities operations of a secure government facility. EMCOR Government Services (EGS) is recruiting for the role of Special Events Manager for this procurement. If awarded the Contract, this position will provide direction and oversight to site-based senior management and operations staff. Working through subordinate leaders, responsibilities include client interaction, financial planning and management, interaction on human resources management, operations improvement, and planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling assigned contract functions pertaining to site-based renovation, IDIQ and construction services.
******This position is contingent upon contract award*****
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: General duties and responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Manage special events and AV projects from conception to completion
- Working with the client and within the requirements of the PWS to create project proposals for updating, replacing, and installing video and computer equipment.
- Provide lighting design and setup, troubleshoot any operational issues, and ensure the proper repair of equipment.
- Oversee all AV and special event projects from design to delivery.
- Operate all AV equipment as needed and ensure on-time service and product completion.
- Responsible for coordinating resources and the budget.
- Prepare room audits to verify that equipment runs at the optimum level and provide operation reports and project updates as requested.
- Completing software upgrades, developing methods to improve provided services or products, assisting with employee recruitment and training, answering client questions, and managing their expectations.
- Prepare detailed project estimates and proposals
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and manage costs
- Coordinate and direct in-house workers and subcontractors
- Manage materials and equipment purchases and track inventory
- Monitor site safety and quality performance
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks
- Must have an active TS-SCI w\Full-scope clearance
- A high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years' experience in event services and audio-visual services, including experience in an auditorium/theatre-type setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to successfully interact with senior level clients
- The ability to manage many highly diverse contracts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.