A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a Software/Firmware Engineer at EMD Electronics, you will develop configuration software templates, firmware files, and simulation utilities for Delivery Systems and Services products (GASGUARD, CHEMGUARD, and POLYFLOW). Our products are used globally in the Semiconductor industry to supply hazardous gases and chemicals. Working across a variety of platforms and technologies depending on project needs; everything from new product development, sustaining support for legacy products, providing technical support for Field Service Engineers and Quality Technicians in all regions. You do not need to be an expert in all these areas but should be comfortable wearing different hats and willing to learn new technologies as needed.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team of product managers, project managers, sales engineers, and other engineers to design and implement new features for existing and upcoming projects
- Collaborate with other developers to write software/Firmware in PLC and C/C++ programming formats
- Help produce both internal and user-facing documentation for products and applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 3+ years' software development experience, specifically PLC, C/C++, or IDEs software programming/applications
- 2+ years of experience designing embedded code that has gone through production, test, and release
- 2+ years of experience with mobile development
What we offer:
- Experience implementing and interfacing to peripherals including ADCs, Flash memory and LCD displays, using SPI, I2C and GPIO with various microcontrollers
- Experience with Siemens, GE-Emerson, Allen-Bradley and Omron automation systems and hardware
- Passion for building customer facing products in a diverse team
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software/firmware engineering best practices and associated tools
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, automation, and operational support
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Strong problem solving and design skills with the ability to multi-task
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220718
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time