Meta is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed components for our products. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Meta-scale data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front end code. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
Software Engineer - System Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Set direction and goals for the team regarding project impact, product quality and engineering efficiency
- Lead major initiatives, projects, teams, roll-outs and phased-releases
- Helps onboard new team members, provides mentorship and enables successful ramp up on your team's code bases
- 7+ years of programming experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- 7+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Experience building and shipping high quality work and achieving high reliability
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes
- Experienced in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.