Meta Reality Labs' mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live. Meta Reality Labs is developing AR devices to enable people to defy distance-connecting with each other and the world-through world-class AR hardware and software. As a Software Engineer on the AR Software Systems Security team, you'll be a part of a groundbreaking team to ensure users and developers are safe and delighted with their experiences across our platforms, devices, companion apps, app ecosystem, and more. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions that make privacy easy, improve user trust and internal data clarity. You'll have the chance to work with many teams (e.g. product development, hardware, firmware, automation, research, systems, legal, policy) across Meta Reality Labs and Meta. We have the opportunity to leverage Meta's infrastructure, which allows us to drive this in a scalable, reliable, and quick manner and provides unique opportunities for career growth.
Software Engineer - Reality Labs AR Security Software Engineering Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of security software for Meta's AR products
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and implement systems that span across hardware, firmware and software
- Build and ship high quality work following best practices in order to achieve high reliability, thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes that improve stability
- Debug complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application
- Mentor new engineers on the team
- Contribute to define and improve processes for better engineering
- 6+ years of experience in the following area: security software, embedded systems or operating systems
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing security-enhancing features in customer-facing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience working on systems software in a large-scale C/C++/Java/Rust code base
- Technical experience in at least one of the following areas: developing low-level operating system components (e.g. AOSP, iOS, Windows, Linux, QNX), microarchitecture exploit and mitigation implementations, hypervisors and trusted execution environments, code authentication from boot chain of trust through runtime verification, sandboxing processes, applied cryptography
- 2+ years of experience defining and driving technical work streams and providing technical leadership for software engineering teams in cross-functional environments
- Experience finding vulnerabilities at scale with developer tooling (e.g., fuzzing, static analysis)
- Experience with Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality technologies
- Experience demonstrating exploits on real-world systems
- Experience patching exploits in fielded products
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.