Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
*This role can be permitted to work with a Hybrid Schedule. Expectations are to work remotely Monday and Friday. Onsite days are expected Tuesday through Thursday.
**Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
Nordco provides an extensive selection of products and services that make it possible for rail-related industries to improve their transportation and its product velocity safely. We also serve industries that rely heavily on rail transportation, including port authorities, agriculture, mining, chemicals, and energy.
Perform software creation and documentation for railroad mobile equipment. Manage designs to be reliable and efficient while maintaining project schedule.
Design - 60%
Support - 20%
- Design electrical controls (typically CAN based) software for independent subsystems on board mobile equipment
- Interface with others during the software design process
- Participate in design reviews
Testing - 10%
- Provide technical product support through all project phases
- Review and update functional and technical specification documents
- Assist with the development of technical publications, such as operator and maintenance manuals
General - 10%
- Interface with others during the building and field testing of prototypes and production machines
- Conduct bench-top and field tests for new and existing components or subsystems to validate functionality
- Ensure that designs meet requirements on function, reliability, safety, and performance of equipment operation
- Monitor individual design schedule to ensure completion as determined by manager
- Advise manager on a regular basis as to the status of ongoing projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of programming, user interfaces, and PCs
- Experience with industrial automation or mobile machine design
- Two years prior engineering experience
- Experience in any Linux OS distribution
- Ability to translate design requirements into practical and reliable software designs
- Familiarity with C++ language
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented software design patterns
- Familiarity with State flow software design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated individual project management skills (maintaining scope and schedule) on small projects
Work is primarily light duty and requires the ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk unassisted. Requires the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to talk and hear. Normal correctable vision is required.Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, even if you do not contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That's a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.