The Software Engineer 2 codes software applications based on business requirements. The Software Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
As a Software Engineer 2 you will: work in a team environment to analyze, develop, integrate, document and implement responsive web applications and server based processes that meet specific Humana Government business needs. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform coding, testing, implementation, documentation and support tasks under the supervision of a more senior team member.
- Work directly with business owners to understand key system process and end user interface needs.
- Perform analysis, design, and system integration tasks, applying knowledge of computer science, information services, software development languages and platforms to support business needs by changing existing systems or implementing new applications and/or processes.
- Perform thorough system testing to ensure high application/process quality in terms of usability, speed, security and accuracy.
- Prepare all necessary supporting documentation as directed by Systems Manager or Director in accordance with Humana Government standards.
- Provide on call support as scheduled (1 week rotation with 24X7 coverage multiple times per year)
- Participate in after business-hour deployments (includes both nights and weekends)
- Utilize approved change management and project management processes under guidance of a more senior team member.
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,Computer Information Systems or related degree or equivalent technical training/experience.
- Experience in the areas of software development and support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team development setting
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Experience with MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Working knowledge of the C#, Java or Objective C programming languages
- Experience with a responsive front-end framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, MVC architectural pattern and the ASP.NET MVC framework
- Understanding of the software development life cycle