A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We're looking for a science communicator who believes in the power of social media to build community and convey important scientific concepts. You'll act as our front-line resource, getting to know our stakeholders and helping connect our employees to scientists on social media. You'll help us keep our finger on the pulse of the most important science discussions and topics.
Most importantly, you'll help us strengthen our voice across our social media channels. Our brand is fun, bold and vibrant and the ideal candidate is someone who wants to help bring those same qualities to our social media program.
While much of your time will be spent engaging on our social media channels, you'll also work collaboratively throughout the company to streamline community management processes and protocols.
To elevate the influence of our employees, you will also help drive our employee advocacy program. You'll be responsible for creating and hosting trainings, providing recommendations and administering day-to-day activities.
We are a science company and love to talk about science. This position requires significant science background and a strong understanding of major social media platforms.
- Monitor inbound communications and mentions across social channels for opportunities to contribute or respond including proactively engaging with, commenting, and liking relevant scientific content
- Leverage social listening and insights to understand changing trends across the globe and identify prominent voices on social media in our industry
- Create opportunities to foster two-way dialogue, contributing topical content and developing a strategic approach to interjecting brands into relevant conversations to increase brand recognition
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to provide strong and authentic scientific responses to questions on social media
- Deliver quarterly reports informing brand of overall social engagement highlights and measuring performance based on key KPIs including SLA performance
- Partner with in-house creative agency to generate timely always-on content
- Provide strategic input to marketing and communication teams based on on-going trends and discussions
- Administer employee advocacy program while identifying opportunities to grow participation including creating and delivering employee advocacy trainings
- Bachelor's degree in Science Communication or a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience in social media messaging, analytics reporting and content creation
- 1+ years' experience working in a scientific related field, including scientific writing, laboratory work, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Significant knowledge of and comfort with social media channels
- Active across multiple social media channels
- Strong understanding of science topics and industries
- Ability to mix creativity with hard, factual science
- Confident presenter and storyteller who can effectively convey strategies to internal teams
- Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to make informed decisions independently
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215140
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.