What you will do
At the local project level applies JCFS Safety programs, US Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements, as well as state and federal laws for the inspection of equipment and working conditions and prevent accidents, fires and related hazardous events. Collaborates with peers. Leads all safety functions, including oversight at an assigned project level.
Location: Washington DC: Ronald Reagan and International Trade Center Building, New Executive Office Building and White House Complex
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Expected Schedule: Primarily Monday to Friday, potential for Saturdays/and off duty hours work at times
How you will do it
1. Responsible for the implementation of the Site/Task Specific Safety Program at location, including the creation of the task order required Site Specific Accident Prevention Plans (APP) & Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
2. Oversees and can authorize the procurement of project safety supplies and equipment, and is responsible for the implementation of the site safety training of JCI direct employees and subcontractor safety training.
3. Designated on-site competent person and Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO), as defined by OSHA, the approved Accident Prevention Plan and Johnson Controls Regional Site Safety Manager.
4. Responsible to enforce the safety directives per JCFS Safety Program, site-specific APPs and OSHA.
5. Conducts daily safety and health inspections; Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports; Maintains the OSHA Form 300; Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution; Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
6. Utilizes Procore Construction Management Software for all Project Safety Documentation and Inspections.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
8. Owns/Accountable for Safety Execution within the assigned project location.
What we look for
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field; or equivalent experience.
* 30-hr OSHA Construction Safety Class within the past 5 years (or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment) and demonstrated continuing Safety training thereafter (8 hour per year).
* Five (5) or more years of continuous experience in construction safety inspection and administration with similar large-scale projects.
* Proficiency with Microsoft office software.
* US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Government HSPD-12 for badging and access to project sites.
* Experience working with Procore Construction Management software
* Experience working with EM 385-1-1 construction safety standards
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago