Vallen’s Integrated Supply Site Manager is a staff management position integrated within a customer’s location to drive program growth and manage the day-to-day activities of a team of associates to ensure positive and profitable customer relationships that contribute to the achievement of Vallen’s financial goals and business objectives.
*All candidates will need to comply with the customer’s mandatory vaccination policy.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to onsite customer team(s) providing Integrated Supply solutions. Staff management duties include, but are not limited to interviewing, selecting, hiring, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates while enforcing company policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Ensures sales and profitability goals for local integrated supply site(s) are achieved.
- Drives contractual customer commitments (i.e., customer cost savings, key performance indicators) at local integrated supply site.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Effectively manages P&L (Profit & Loss) statement of local integrated supply site ensuring that site meets or exceeds budgeted goal.
- Ensures local integrated supply customer pays Vallen according to contractual payment terms.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Supply Chain Mgt, Marketing, Finance, etc.) and 8+ years of outside or inside experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in supply chain management, wholesale distribution, industrial distribution, manufacturing, or a similarly applicable industry (indirect materials a plus).
- 5+ years of staff management with a proven track record as a team leader demonstrating a solid understanding of people management practices.
- Strong ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and demonstrated knowledge of recognizing manufacturing applications where Vallen products, services and solutions can deliver cost savings to the local integrated supply customer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and business acumen; strong understanding of interpreting and managing by profit and loss statement expectations.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products (Excel, Word & Power Point) and the technical aptitude to learn all company specific programs and software applications.
Yes - 25%
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Work environment may not be temperature controlled; must have the ability to work in extreme hot or cold environments.
- Must have the ability to work in dusty conditions.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.)
- May be required to pass forklift and/or other warehouse equipment certifications (written and/or driving).
- Assigned work shifts may vary and/or rotate.
- Overtime may be required; extended day, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to lift up to 25 lbs or greater with assistance following standard operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements including, regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.