This position is the initial and primary point of contact for drivers arriving at the facility to pick up outbound loads or make deliveries. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist logs all drivers into the facility, directs them to the appropriate dock for loading/unloading, monitors all incoming and outgoing shipping activities, including paperwork, and records outgoing shipments and examines shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Verify and enter the pallets, charges, carrier, trailer numbers and appropriate BOL notes on the delivery or shipment.
* Finalize all orders to prepare for billing: advise of flatbed freight cost; create BOL; prepare paperwork for physical pulling and loading of order.
* Maintain inbound and outbound truck log daily.
* Check in drivers and direct them to the appropriate loading/unloading location.
* Prepare and distribute shipping paperwork to drivers.
* Communicate with customers to confirm shipment of material.
* Trace shipments as needed.
* Provide up-to-date shipment information.
* Secure proof of delivery if there is a dispute over shortage, damage, or delay.
* Notify customer service of backorders or changes to shipments. Additions, changes and deletions on allocated shipping orders to be performed routinely. Resolve any delivery issues.
* Prepare shipping documents (shipping order, shipping labels, packing list and BOL) for distribution to loaders or shipping clerks.
* Ensure all deliveries are posted daily in SAP.
* Full understanding of the Loader position in case of need to cover.
* Builds trust with others by encouraging open dialogue and collaboration. Seeks diverse perspectives to create stronger solutions.
* Managing Change
* Able to keep on track despite difficulties or barriers that may be encountered. Addresses conflict to find common ground solutions.
* Continuous Improvement
* Retains a mindset of always striving to make things better. Applies continuous improvement tools and processes to every aspect of the role.
* Customer Focus
* Listens to understand the needs of customers (internal and external). Builds trusting relationships and seeks innovative solutions for all customers. Always has the customer's needs top of mind.
* Continuous Learning
* Understands individual strengths and opportunity areas and seeks development opportunities to leverage strengths and lean into opportunity areas. Open to both giving and receiving feedback.
* Drive for Results
* Always has a sense of urgency to solve problems with actions. Seeks to align goals with attainment of organizational strategy and has a sense of ownership and personal accountability for actions taken.
* Strategic Thinking
* Thinks three to five years ahead or beyond; challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom.
* Leading People
* Influences others and empowers team to execute efficiently.
* Developing People
* Invests time in finding, mentoring and coaching talent.
* Typical office supplies, computer, printer, fax machine
* Computer software: Microsoft programs, SAP
* 90% of time is spent in a warehouse office environment. The remaining time is spent in a fast-paced manufacturing facility.
* Hours Worked: 40 hours per week typically 1st Shift.
* Days/Week: Monday - Friday
* No travel is required for this position.
* Outstanding relationship skills and verbal/written communication skills are key to success in this position when dealing with salespeople, customer service, vendors, drivers, customers, and facility leadership.
* Knowledge of warehouse layout, product codes, and lot numbers. Inventory knowledge. Understanding of production schedules.
* Complete understanding of shipping orders.
* Has the skill and ability to stay focused on priorities in an environment of constant interruptions.
* Previous experience with ERP systems (such as SAP) is preferred.
* Outstanding verbal, written, interpersonal, problem solving, phone, and time management skills.
* Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent is required.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a distribution or manufacturing shipping environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Kansas City, Kansas
Posted 19 minutes ago
Posted 19 minutes ago
Posted 11 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!