EMCOR Services New England Mechanical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: --Sheet Metal Apprentice
Job Summary: -- New England Mechanical Services, Inc. is looking for a Sheet Metal Apprentice for our Trumbull Operations Group. This candidate will be training to obtain their CT SM license. The apprentice plans, lies out, fabricates, assembles, installs and repairs sheet metal parts and equipment .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal such as galvanized iron, copper, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lies out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trims, files, grinds, de-burrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
Valid Driver's license. High School Diploma, GED or Technical School Certification. Enroll and/or satisfy apprenticeship instruction and on the job training hours.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.