Set-Up Tech I is responsible for performing the complete mold change process including; mold/supply preparation in advance, mold removal, mold installation, robot and secondary equipment set-up, clean up, and organization. Set-Up Tech 1 personnel are responsible for clean-up of machine and surrounding areas, including proper clean up and storage of all mold change materials and supplies. Basic injection mold processing skills required. Must have a complete understanding of the material handling process.
- Ensures that molds are properly prepped in advance.
- Ensures that molds being pulled are properly shut down and prepped for transportation to the mold shop.
- Performs all functions of the mold change process. Stays with the mold change until completed even if his/her shift ends, or unless the shift supervisor releases him/her.
- Sets up all auxiliary and secondary equipment related to each job change.
- Assists as needed in performing start-ups, color changes, pulling packer breaks, etc. as assigned by process supervisor, shift supervisor, or shift coordinator.
- Works together with cell captains, quality control, packer leads, material handlers, etc. to minimize machine down time and meet or exceed all department production standards.
- Understands all procedures associated with the handling of hazardous waste and other trash generated by the department.
- May be required to perform material handling duties when required.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require the following:
- Constant standing
- Frequent and repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, reaching above and below shoulder level, lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional walking, bending at the neck and/or waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting at the neck and/or waist, use of hands for power grasping and fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs, 2 person-lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Driving forklifts and electric pallet jacks
- Working around injection molding machines, secondary and auxiliary equipment
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Esposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals in the form of plastic resins and mold sprays
- Working at heights (approximately 7-10 ft.)
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have valid class C license for forklift certification
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of the material handler.
- Previous mechanical/electrical/hydraulics training or experience helpful.
- Paulson Practical Injection Molding (Basic) or similar course.
- Previous packer position experience is helpful.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.