Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Watch our video here
This position will require interaction with our customers on a one-on-one basis, troubleshooting pump, electrical, and water system problems, testing of wells and pumps, maintenance, service and repair of pumps, motors, controls and valves, and carrying out and executing maintenance agreements with our customers. Also required will be quoting work, selling solutions, ordering materials and performing the work, and contract completion. Most work will be performed working alone on the customer's equipment or in conjunction with other Layne, A Granite Company employees.
Pay: $23-$25 per hour depending on experience.
- Service needs of our customers to troubleshoot pump, electrical, water treatment systems and water system problems.
- Maintenance, service, repair and testing of wells and pumps, motors, controls and valves.
- Execution ofmaintenance agreements with our customers.
- Responsible for selling solutions, quoting work, ordering materials and performing the work through contract completion.
Work Experience:Certifications and Applicable Licenses:Notice to Staffing Agencies
- Possess and clean driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Able to operate had tools, electronic equipment and other construction equipment to complete projects.
- Represent Layne to our customers in quality of work, timeliness, safety, appearance, communication, and general professionalism.
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to generate Word documents and work within Excel.
- Be able to routinely lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of electrical troubleshooting a plus but not required.
- Basic understanding of centrifugal pumping equipment, particularly vertical and submersible turbine pumps a plus but not required.
- Be capable of working outdoors, in the heat and cold, as required.
- Be available to respond to customer or company needs which may include overtime and some weekend, evening, or holiday work as necessary.
- Be willing to perform a variety of other tasks as may be necessary to promote completion of work, including assisting on other projects as necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work alone.
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.