368 - San Diego - Clairmont Mesa
We are searching for an experienced Service Clerk at 5195 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Service Clerk reports to the Store Manager/Senior Assistant Manager and is responsible for maintaining carts, assisting customers with purchases and assistance to their cars as requested, checking prices on products, returning merchandise to store shelves, parking lot and store maintenance.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and organize shopping carts within the store and retrieve carts from the parking lot and surrounding areas.
- Assist customers with the loading of merchandise into shopping carts. Provide customers with assistance to and loading of their vehicles.
- Check retail prices on shelf for check stand personnel.
- Pull merchandise from check stand ("go backs") and return it to the proper shelf. Walk aisles and return any misplaced items to their proper location. Face merchandise on aisles as needed.
- Monitor cleanliness of store entrance: sweep front area inside and outside and pick up and empty trash regularly throughout the day, mop outside walkways and clean entrance/exit doors daily.
- Monitor cleanliness of store throughout the day: sweep, mop, and clean and restock restrooms as needed.
· RESTRICTIONS: Service Clerks may NOT perform the following duties:
- Operate a cash register.
- Hang item tags (e.g. price changes, ad tags, new item tags)
- Perform any receiving function, including but not limited to:
- Receiving any type of order through either the front or the back
- DEX /NEX functions
- DSD functions
- Operate power equipment (may be certified to operate bailer if age 18 or greater)
- Run a department, dry or perishable
- Stock shelves, with the exception of merchandise from the check stands ("go backs").
- Pull downs, with the exception of assisting a customer with merchandise when the shelf is empty.
- Work on a night crew, with the exception of clean up duties.
No prior experience or training.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.