Reality Labs (RL) Sensors Team at Meta is helping build novel products in Augmented and Virtual Reality. Our team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge sensing technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products at Meta. We are looking for candidates with experience in developing mixed signal circuits and control systems for Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) sensors to assist with the development of novel hardware and software systems within the RL Sensors Team, while collaborating with experts across multiple domains.
Sensor Systems Architect Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across Facebook to develop novel hardware and software products that advance the state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems.
- Collaborate with internal and external research, design, and engineering teams to design, simulate, test, and refine MEMS sensor systems.
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical experiments related to sensor systems.
- Derive system and subsystem level requirements and specifications, analyze and communicate trade-offs.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal experience in cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Hands-on experience in bring-up, debug, and testing of MEMS Sensors using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Experience in end-to-end sensor system simulation using MATLAB, Simulink, Spectre, and/or similar tools.
- Experience in developing mixed signal circuits and control systems for MEMS sensors such as Inertial Sensors, Pressure Sensors, Ultrasonic Transducers, and/or similar sensors.
- 4+ years' industry experience, directly contributing to MEMS sensor system development for consumer electronics products.
- Demonstrated experience in analog front-end design, signal conditioning, and digital filtering.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with modern sensor fusion and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience in developing embedded systems using C/C++, Verilog, and/or VHDL.
- Familiarity with the emerging Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies.
- Experience in designing low-power Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) for consumer MEMS devices.
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- Experience with scripting environments such as MATLAB and/or Python.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.