Reality Labs (RL) Sensors Team at Meta is helping build novel products in Augmented and Virtual Reality. Our team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge sensing technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products at Meta. We are looking for candidates with experience in image sensor test system development to assist with developing a scalable automation test platform to achieve instrumentation control, sensor control, sensor data capture, data analysis, and basic ISPM integration.
Sensor Characterization Test System Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop and standardize Image sensor test program platform to support both custom design and OTS sensors.
- Structure automation test program and data analysis program.
- Develop GUI based test program to enable sensor control, image streaming, and image data analysis.
- Responsible for sensor test board bring-up and validation.
- Develop API engine to integrate board, sensor, and external instrument control.
- Spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code for bench test.
- Ownership of lab automation, writing programs and scripts for new device test and characterization.
- Provide firmware/software support for hardware testing and diagnosis.
- Experience with CMOS image sensor and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, MIPI CSI.
- Expert on Python and MATLAB for automation test control and data analysis.
- Basic knowledge of imaging processing and image quality.
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Significant experience with hardware development board bring-up and troubleshooting.
- Communication and reporting skills.
- 4+ years' experience with driver and board-level system software development.
- Extensive experience of using Git to manage project.
- Experience with camera FW and Image Sensor Control.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.