7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in Networking who will be responsible for implementing highly scalable solutions on the Microsoft Azure Public Cloud and On-Premise platforms. This process includes continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, Infrastructure design and implementation, release management and supporting the end-to-end release process. As a member of the team, you will work alongside developers and reliability teams to ensure site reliability and all releases seamlessly move
from development through staging and into production. The CarMax Data Network Solutions team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the on-prem and cloud infrastructure used by the world's largest used car reseller and second largest wholesaler. If you are looking to join a collaborative team where you can create innovative solutions that provide value to our business, your job search ends here.
Senior Software Engineer - Digital Platform Capabilities
Software Engineering for an industry leader
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms - allowing them to transact with CarMax anytime, anywhere. As a Software Engineer on the Capabilities Platform team, you will be working with a team of developers to
build and manage a microservices and shared tools that are used across the organization.
You will work collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit product team, focusing driving innovation and providing value to our customers both external and internal. Creative, curious and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
What technologies you'll be working with
- Hands-on development on the services, APIs, and other capabilities that your team constantly iterates on
- Collaborate with colleagues on product teams, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
- Help mentor team members focused on providing software capabilities to our product teams
- Provide leadership in technical execution within an agile environment including discovery, design, development and testing
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be
This role requires hands-on work in technologies such as Azure PaaS
(Functions, App Services, App Insights, CosmosDB, Redis, and others), .NET Core
, Azure DevOp
s for CI/CD, Akamai
edge, load testing / automated testing tools, Splunk
, and API management
systems.Qualifications and requirements
- At least eight years of application development experience
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft.NET (#C) and .NET Core
- Experience with API design, microservice architectures, and messaging paradigms highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS preferred
- Solid understanding of DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery preferred
- Experience with designing security for APIs
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to mentor and develop others
- Exceptional communication skills
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.