A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Life science is a rapidly advancing field with a constant influx of new technologies to enable researches to achieve results never before possible. This rapid technological advancement provides many opportunities for development of new products and services. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, forward thinking senior scientist with a background in 3D cell culture to join us to identify and evaluate new opportunities that we can create in the exciting field.
- Identify, evaluate and develop new protocols and innovative technologies towards addressing evolving needs of drug discovery and development using 3D cell culture.
- Engage with internal and external collaborators and customers as technical champion for 3D cell culture
- Provide technical leadership to conceive, modify and drive cutting edge service concepts to realization
- Leverage specialized knowledge and analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Summarize and present experimental results in written and oral reports
- Participate in strategic planning to identify new areas for future development
Who you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Present the company at international conferences to promote our brand awareness
- MS with 3+ years' experience, PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- +2 years of industry experience
- Experience with 3D cell culture ( organ-on-a-chip or organoids)
- Excellent experimental planning and data interpretation skills
- Hands-on experience across a broad range of life science applications
- Experience presenting to different levels of management
- Highly organized; independent self-starter able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; adapt well to change and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Innovative problem solver with creative thinking skills for overcoming difficult experimental challenges
- Skills in the areas of cell biology and molecular biology are desired
- Experience with creating and using Patient-Derived-Organoids is a preferred.
What we offer:
- Ability to work equally well on a multidisciplinary team or independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215378
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.