The Senior Project Manager will manage several large projects in the Perioperative and Procedural areas and will work closely with Senior leadership, clinicians, staff, and key stakeholders.
He/she will be responsible for providing administrative management and oversight of the projects throughout the Project Management Lifecycle, under the guidance of the Sr Director. The Senior Project Manager will manage day-to-day project activities (planning the work, setting milestones & deadlines, and assigning responsibilities) including coordination and training of project staff, supervision of project coordinators and financial management.
The position requires strong project management, change management, and interpersonal skills; a keen analytical capacity and ability to multitask; experience with group facilitation and training; and a passion for performance improvement. This role participates in enhancement projects and programs that drive innovation, technology, regulatory compliance improvements, and oversees performance improvement and outcomes within the department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Clearly defines project timeline, objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
- Identifies required project resources.
- Defines project roles and responsibilities.
- Establishes communication framework and plan for the duration of the project. Determines meeting types, frequencies, and participants.
- Develops and maintains project documentation including, but not limited to: Project Plan, Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Decision Documents and Scope Change Forms.
- Clearly communicates project timeline, objectives, milestones, and deliverables to stakeholders and oversees the execution of the plan.
- Provides status updates to Project Leads and Senior Management on a regular basis.
- Monitors project expenses with respect to budget.
- Manages project communication process to stakeholders and business community.
- Manages project staff, if applicable.
- Model the behaviors necessary for an inclusive and collaborative work environment that embraces diversity.
- Creates a positive project team environment.
- Performs project-related analytical work as needed.
- Escalates and resolves issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Owns accountability for meeting project objectives within the prescribed budget.
- Establishes and maintains a change control process and framework.
- Monitors internal and external factors throughout project plan. Evaluates impact of risks or changes on project plan.
- Alerts Project Leads and Senior Management of any risks jeopardizing the execution of the project.
- Analyzes risks and develops recommendations for mitigation of risks
- Prepares project charter and obtains "buy- in "from all stakeholders
- Establishes strong working relationships and routinely interfaces with project leads and business stakeholders
- Collaborates with data analyst on Outcome Dashboards
- 3-5 years' experience in project management preferable
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- A green or black belt or PMP preferred
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Proven project coordination/management skills; ability to provide direction to team members, other staff, and consultants, if applicable.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and team building skills. Ability to get work done through others, even if there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Take-charge ability and excellent judgment in determining and leveraging resources.
- Experience in development of project plans and timelines.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with people cooperatively and effectively from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Strong proactive customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills are necessary to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities and deadline pressures. The ability to delegate, effectively supervise, and plan for the timely and successful completion of short-, middle-, and long-term objectives is essential. The responsibilities of this position require detailed, concentrated effort and constant re-establishment of priorities as well as complex and sensitive decision-making.
- Truly outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of social facility in obtaining cooperation and support from a broad range of people are required. A demonstrated ability to interact with all members of the organization in ways that enhance understanding, respect, cooperation, and problem solving is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to communicate effectively with a large and diverse constituency, including Surgical faculty and Chairs/Chiefs, Senior hospital leaders and administrative staff.
- Excellent negotiation skills in complex and often sensitive multi-institutional situations are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities within the context of a complex and large organization; ability to operate in a matrixed environment is critical.
- Exceptional computer skills (including operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, Internet, and spreadsheets) are required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, discretion, and judgment regarding confidential matters are essential.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.