Senior Project Engineer - Commercial Construction If you are a Senior Project Engineer with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing - Support the oversight and management of multiple projects from preconstruction through closeout/warranty period.
- Assist Pre-Construction team with pre-construction activities and assignments, including estimates.
- Review all contract documents and site conditions to determine appropriate means, methods and techniques.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Prepare detailed schedules (including Pre-Con, Procurement, Construction and Close-out). Monitor and update schedules on a weekly basis. Utilize look-ahead schedules and collaboration with team.
- Anticipate client needs, document, and track progress with regular communication.
- Assist in preparation of draft Contracts, negotiate changes and additions with Architects, Consultants, Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor performance.
- Support the development and implementation quality control programs.
- Provide detailed tracking and review of cost backup, set-up adequate contingencies, and account for allowances and contingencies monthly.
- Assist in preparation of monthly progress and final payment requests to the Owner and other entities.
- Prepare Agendas and run Progress Meetings, Owner/Architect Meetings, Subcontractor Pre-Installation Meetings. Accurately document meeting discussions and distribute Meeting Minutes within 48 hours.
- Ensure a safe working environment on jobsites and in the office.
- Prepare timely notices to the Owner in the event of damages, delays or changes.
- Familiarize yourself with Owners Contract regarding provisions in respect to retainage, reimbursable provisions, savings clauses, etc
- Provide technical support for resolution and tracking of project issues.
- Manage all project document control within Procore.
- Process submittals and RFIs. Work with Site Superintendent to determine tasks requiring prioritization.
What You Need for this Position Excellent interpersonal communication skills, attention to details, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of SmartBidNet and Procore is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
- Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret plans and Specifications.
- Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Transportation Requirements
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving history is required.
- Must have reliable transportation for use during work hours.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification or ability to obtain within one year.
- Willingness to obtain LEED AP or equivalent.
- Prefer First Aid/CPR/AED Certification through Red Cross.
- Willingness to obtain SWPPP Certification.
What's In It for You - Salary: 75 - 100k DOE
- Disability insurance
So, if you are a Senior Project Engineer with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!