A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Senior Packaging Supervisor will, monitor and direct the activities of the packaging department to ensure productivity, inventory accuracy, quality, service, and safety. This includes training, mentoring and motivating employees, as well as establishing performance standards, monitoring employees' performances against those standards, and appropriately communicating evaluations of performance to employees. Lastly, the Senior Packaging Supervisor will solve problems related to unusual or difficult customer requests or situations that occur within the Packaging operation.
- Participates in talent selection process
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to staff
- Evaluates processes and methods, recommends, and implements measures to improve safety and handling of hazardous chemicals
- Responds to emergency hazardous materials, medical response or evacuation team
- Recognizes and initiates near-miss reports while completing accident/incident investigation reports within required time
- Conducts audits for compliance to procedures, rules, and regulations & provides feedback for both safe and unsafe actions
- Reviews and revises departmental SOPs
- Distributes work assignments, monitors resources daily and schedules workload and staff accordingly for packaging operations
- Maintains required documentation including unit records, productivity, and activity reports
- Monitors labels and materials to control costs
- Leads, initiates, promotes and actively participates in process improvement initiatives and cross-functional teams resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements
- Represents department during internal and external audits
- Researches and recommends equipment including capital improvement projects and provides financial justification
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively negotiate within internal and external departments to achieve the best versus easiest/most popular outcomes
- Exercises judgement within defined practices and policies and selecting methods and
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals
- Sit, stand, walk, use hands, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs team lift recommend or individually
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, and safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position
- Bachelor's degree in operations, chemistry, biology, or business Management or related discipline
- High school diploma/GED with 3+ year of experience in a supervisory/lead role
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Chemistry, Biology, or Business
- Experience in chemical manufacturing
- Packaging, industrial, or scientific/laboratory experience or training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills working with Word, Excel, or CMMS
- Strong SAP experience
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 221506
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time