This can be a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
You will execute dynamic communication strategies and tactics for GM's Sustainability team and GM's environmental efforts. You'll be a strategic partner to key executives, managing external media interviews, internal activations, content development for posting internally/externally, and speaking opportunities.
You'll manage internal relationships with multiple business partners including the Chief Sustainability Officer as well as members of the Marketing, GM Brand, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, HR, Public Policy, VSSM, GPSC and Legal teams. You'll also serve as an external spokesperson for the company.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired:
- Assist in the execution of dynamic communications strategies for GM's Sustainability team and raise awareness of sustainability efforts
- Create awareness of GM's environmental efforts and vision for a future with Zero Crashes, Zero Emission and Zero Congestion
- Lead the development and execution of a data-driven, integrated communications plan in partnership with Internal Communications, Sustainability and HR that engages GM employees
- Support the development of communications plans for activations with external strategic partnerships - elevate the profile of GM's sustainability efforts with these partners
- Develop and execute communications plans for company's climate change and environmental related efforts for GM's core brand audiences, including - Policy Makers, Investors, Employees and Potential Employees
- Build communications plan for Chief Sustainability Officer and counsel Sustainability leadership team on internal and external communications activities
- Support the development of key messages, sustainability narratives, fact sheets based on insights from the Data & Analytics team
- Lead the development of an issues and crisis management scenario plan
- Collaborate with product and brand teams on sustainability media strategies to support programs including product launches and corporate brand reputation building efforts
- Establish media plans and measurement strategies on key projects related to sustainability
- Work with Sustainability team on the execution of strategic climate efforts in coordination with Product and Brand teams
- Build relationships with environment and climate focused media
- Write press releases, quotes, internal stories, media pitches, amplification plans, reports and speeches
- BA in Communications or related field
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience
- Media relations
- Written communications
- Issues and crisis management
- Event planning skills
- Digital content creation
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $113,760.Bonus Potential:
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits:
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.#LI-Remote#gmremoteAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.