This position reports to the Director, International Business Development of GM Defense LLC. The Senior Manager leads specified international business development tasks, including identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, building/maintaining international customer relationships and participation in international pursuits. While this position will, of necessity, involve international travel, there is no requirement for the person filling this position to reside outside the continental United States.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications:
- Support the Director, International Business Development in the development of International Business portions of the GM Defense Long Term Plan and Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Meet or exceed all specified AOP and long-range goals and objectives related to International Business
- Develop and sustain strong customer relationships with international customers; other Primes and Partners integral to GM Defense international business; and US Department of Defense organizations, departments and agencies relevant to conduct of Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Support GM Defense activities regarding Defense Department processes for Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales
- Understand and help guide the development of solutions to customer capability requirements/gaps, in accordance with GM Defense objectives and product line strategies
- Assist in establishing, communicating, and managing International Business Development priorities.
- Ensure adherence to GM Company and GM Defense policies and processes. Document and share best practices across Company
- Key participant in Capture/Proposal activities for approved opportunities Pursuit Decisions, Bid/No Bid gates and Formal Pursuit Management Review meetings.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Must be persuasive, have excellent people skills, be able to motivate and provide leadership to diverse groups, and be willing and able to commit time and effort to a high change, fast paced and demanding business environment
- An effective communicator who speaks with confidence and through action, gains the respect of an established management team
- Must be a self-starting, hands-on, "roll-up-the-sleeves" executive with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who can work with people at all levels
- Must be a team player
- Mature, experienced Business Development leader with a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated, relevant experience in the defense industry, working international sales and, ideally, in a relevant customer role
- Experience leading Business Development campaigns and developing Capture Plans and pursuit efforts
- Extensive experience working with international executive leaders (customers, culture, buying processes, etc)
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, high tech environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and analytical skills
- Travel required of up to 40%
- Excellent business acumen
- Direct experience identifying and leading the capture of unrestricted prime opportunities and/or strategic subcontracting opportunities through small and large business partnerships within the federal DoD market
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); and demonstrated understanding of all contract types (e.g., multiple and single award ID/IQ, OTAs, etc.) and payment types (e.g., FFP, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M).
- Has direct experience and high-level of understanding of international defense/security business both in Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales.
- Principle based decision maker that gets the respect, trust and confidence of peers and subordinates
- Must be flexible and able to travel worldwide
- A current security clearance is preferred
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.