The Senior IT Project Manager oversees various system projects and/or programs of a highly complex nature. The Senior IT Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager that:
- Assembles and leads project team, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Often actively manages stakeholder partnerships and mitigates risks.
- Familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- When managing programs, oversees the interdependencies and integration of interrelated projects, and sets strategies and leads program execution to deliver longer term business value.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks used to manage risks and issues unique to technology projects.
- Begins to influence department's strategy.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology or a related field or 10+ years direct IT Project Management experience in lieu of degree
- 5 or more years of technical experience
- Demonstrated experience in technical product selection, technical design and practical implementation of IT solutions
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Longevity working in data warehouse, decision support and reporting system environments
- Six Sigma and/or Project Management Institute certification
- Experience in the health solutions industry
- Experience with technical delivery of Cloud (Azure preferred).
- Experience working with Agile teams for delivery.