Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an experienced Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager to work within our Engineered Construction service line executing of a wide range of projects related to energy, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include business development and client management, project and program management, and technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services.
Work Location :
Role would be based in our Raleigh, North Carolina location.
Key Responsibilities :
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and business development efforts with geotechnical / materials focus for various clients and sectors
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, provided leadership and strategy including general oversight and planning, and project management
- Support staff development through mentoring
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of a project including safety, scope development, contract negotiations, cost control, staff management, quality control and cash management on large projects
- Coordinate work efforts and provide senior review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (Masters in Geotechnical is strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 8-12 years of related experience in geotechnical projects
- Project management experience is strongly preferred
- Licensed North Carolina Professional engineer is required (SC also preferred)
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Individual must have a strong industry reputation and knowledge of Raleigh market
- Knowledge of geotechnical software (slope stability, settlement, deep foundations, finite element modeling, etc.) preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.