Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., is recruiting a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Jacksonville, Florida team. The candidate will support and manage projects in Florida and the southeast U.S., to provide geotechnical engineering services for transportation, infrastructure, water resources, and industrial-related projects.
- Technical lead/team manager responsible for geotechnical engineering and project management.
- Responsible to develop business and deliver geotechnical projects to Wood's public- and private- sector clients.
- Business development and client management
- Mentoring and professional development of staff
- Knowledge and experience with DOT design-build process
- Supervise and lead geotechnical investigation and design activities from proposal to deliverables
- Project and budget management including quality oversight
- Ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood team members
Skills / Qualifications
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering
- 15+ years of related experience in geotechnical investigation and design, preferably in the areas of transportation and infrastructure
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and Florida soils and geology
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in Florida
- Diverse experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Bearing capacity and settlement predictions of shallow and deep foundations
- Pile and drilled shaft design and construction
- Slope stability
- MSE walls
- Construction QA/QC
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- The ability and desire to manage and interact with clients and to perform business development
- Project management experience is required; operational experience is an added plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient with standard geotechnical engineering software such as FB-Deep, LPile, Driven, Shaft, Settle 3D (or similar), GeoStudio Suite SLOPE/W & SEEP/W (or similar). Finite element analysis experience is a plus but not required.
- Willing to travel for project-related work
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.