The role helps Flagstar provides informational and financial support for key strategic business initiatives for executive, senior management, and the Board of Directors. This position delivers financial insight and analysis to business partners that have varying degrees of financial and strategic prowess. Role includes the following -
1. Model building. Modeling expected future business performance given macroeconomic factors and the business strategies taken in light of those factors. Intensive data modeling and analysis to validate hypothesis.
2. Analysis of financial results. Analyze actual results compared to expected results to advise the business with insightful feedback on its strategies and performance.
3. Ad hoc analysis as directed by the business, including business case analyses to support decisions around new products, capital expenditures, and hiring.
4. Ability to use and leverage Business Intelligence and analytical tools like Python to provide real-time insights on business and operational drivers.
5. Profitability analysis of customers, products and geographies.
6. Collaboration and ability to build effective relationships. Effective cross-functional co-ordination required with various Business and Finance teams to drive results and being in a position of being able to influence business decisions and analyses.
7. High level of customer service. Providing not just financial reporting but also analytics that provide understanding to stakeholders of underlying business drivers. Analyzing large datasets of information to distil insightful trends or relationships to inform conclusions
8. Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of charts and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!