Research and Securities
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
Zelman & Associates is seeking a Senior Equity Research Analyst in its New York City office to work directly with founding members of the leading housing-related research firm on Wall Street. Following Zelman's recent announcement to be acquired by Walker & Dunlop, the position will utilize the strengths of both organizations to expand existing multi-family and single-family rental research and significantly broaden the insights available to market participants. Responsibilities include:
The education and experience we're looking for:
- Initiate, develop and publish insightful company and industry research
- Integrate sector research with other housing-related franchises
- Conduct extensive proprietary surveys; synthesize and interpret results
- Create detailed, sophisticated financial models and valuation analyses
- Identify significant trends; anticipate, analyze, and communicate industry developments
- Prepare timely, comprehensive, thought-provoking equity research reports
- Communicate with top industry executives and demanding institutional investors
What skills you should have:
- Bachelor's degree; preference for concentration in finance, economics, or accounting
- 5+ years of work experience in commercial real estate finance is strongly preferred
About Zelman & Associates
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Outstanding analytical capabilities; organizational discipline; attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly competitive; self-starter; ambitious; team-oriented
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements; comfort with detailed modeling
- Knowledge of the multi-family sector, though it is not required
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes.
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders.
Founded in 2007, Zelman & Associates, is led by Hall of Fame Analyst Ivy Zelman, who is widely respected for her unbiased, in-depth research, insightful analysis, and actionable advice about the housing market and related sectors. Ivy formed Zelman & Associates with her partner, Dennis McGill, a colleague at Credit Suisse, and together they have built the industry's most respected team of experts for guiding investors and business leaders toward informed, wise decisions across all areas of housing.
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.