Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal we recognize that our people are what makes our organization amazing. To that end, we place great importance on really understanding our workforce and our workforce data. We understand that great data and insights are essential both in terms of providing employees the very best environment to excel in and also in helping PayPal plan and strategize the workforce we need for the future.
As Head of Workforce Strategy and Planning, you have a critical role in designing and delivering PayPal's future global workforce. Reporting directly to the Global head of Workforce Strategy and Planning, this role will work with PayPal leaders to deliver strategic, high-impact data-driven, workforce strategy and plan insights. It is an amazing opportunity to actually drive action and shape significant change at PayPal.
More specifically it entails shaping the Workforce Strategy for select Business Units and being the steward of Workforce Transformation, Plans, Analysis and Governance for ensuring decisions get made and executed by various Functions. It will require a combination of People Strategy, Analytics, Consulting and Program Management skills
- Collaborating across the company (Business, HR, Finance) in the creation, implementation, and monitoring of global workforce plans aligned to Business Strategy and Financial goals. This will require applying analytical, consulting and program management skills to the discipline. It includes conducting formal coordination of processes during annual, quarterly and monthly planning cycles
- Ensuring data collection, interpreting/evaluating workforce metrics, providing analyses through modeling and projections across various workforce dimensions with related implications
- Building methodologies, templates, and instructions to enable business functions with data analysis, identification of workforce gaps/ variances, and development of gap closure strategies
- Creating executive communications to inform and influence budget, HR and operational leaders on workforce plan decisions, including facilitating meetings for the purpose
- Conducting environmental scans, labor market studies, scenario planning and modelling to assess forces that will impact the size, location and shape of the workforce
Required Skills and Experience:
- Business and financial acumen
- Bachelor's Degree in a Quantitative field.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in fields such as strategy, transformation, finance, consulting, analytics or operational optimization
- Excellent analytical capabilities including executive presentations
- Proven ability to ensure Governance on decision making and execution by way of managing programs or leading FP&A teams, including management of budgets
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MBA or advanced degree in fields such as Economics and Finance
- Experience in a top tier consulting firm highly desirable
- Experience in the field related to workforce planning, workforce analytics, strategy and planning at a Fortune 500 company
- Experience with Visier, Workday, Position Management and other headcount planning technologies, a plus, but not necessary
- Skills related to program management, influencing and consulting, exec business communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Bachelors Degree or EquivalentWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.