Determines and implements cost accounting procedures and methods. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports and costing audits. Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies and Procedures
- Experience in a stanard cost manufacturing environment
- Responsible for evaluating and maintaining standard costs
- Variance analysis
- Develop, coach and mentor junior cost accountants
- Directs the planning, studying and collecting of data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead.
- Reviews and analysis data collected
- Reviews and analysis changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Monitors manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Responsible for estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Maintains Cost Accounting System
- Assists in month end close and prepares journal entries as necessary
- Monitors cycle count program and physical Inventories
- Assists internal auditors as necessary
- Work on special projects as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert level Excel skills, data query and Microsoft products
- Experience in Great Plains, OHM, SAP, Solochain and Monarch are a plus
- Inventory controls helpful
This job has expired.