Overview / Responsibilities
Senior CEQA Project Manager
Wood's Environment Planning Group has built strong relationships with local agencies in Southern California and the Central Coast with a robust backlog of projects. We specialize in high-profile urban development, long-range planning, coastal planning, recreation and trails, climate change adaptation, resiliency, agricultural land use, renewable energy, and hazard mitigation projects. Our in-house staff provides planning and permitting services, high-quality environmental documentation compliant with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and mitigation monitoring and reporting services. Our award-winning documents showcase our team's commitment to excellence in both technical analysis and presentation. We have also been particularly successful with grant preparation and management services for our agency customers. This success supports a growing environmental planning practice and a need for talented and driven project management, environmental analysis, and business development roles on our team.
In response to this success, Wood is seeking a Senior CEQA Project Manager to serve as a key member of our California-based Environmental Planning Group, headquartered in Santa Barbara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and/or review preparation of CEQA documents for municipal customers in the central coast and Southern California.
- Responsible for managing small to medium projects and teams under group leadership direction and review, then grow into more complex planning and environmental impact assessment projects.
- Directly interact with agency customers, provide technical direction and editing of environmental impact analyses, and manage and mentor technical teams to complete projects within budget and schedule expectations.
- Facilitate project meetings, hearings, and workshops, including some regional travel.
- Help grow the practice with proposal support and strategic marketing outreach.
- Will be a member of a small, collaborative leadership team for a dedicated and hard-working group of environmental planners, technical specialists, and professional writers.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Solid experience as a deputy project manager and/or project manager for small and medium projects;
- Solid working knowledge of CEQA and California planning;
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills, demonstrated by writing samples;
- A demonstrated commitment to high quality technical analysis and critical thinking in the environmental review process;
- A tenacious interest in business development with new and existing clients, including experience and/or interest in writing proposals;
- Initiative and confidence working in a collaborative and communicative team;
- Leadership qualities, including interest in mentoring junior staff;
- Ability to maintain client and team relationships and identify risks/liabilities early and often;
- A BS/BA with at least 8 years of experience of environmental planning, urban planning, natural resources, or related field; or a Master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience; and
- Preferably, experience working with public and private clients in a private consulting firm and/or local agency work experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.