Senior Buyer--materials + supplies + equipment If you are a Senior Buyer with 3+ years of experience, please read on!
NOTE: This position identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices. Please email Recruiter directly to express interest or verify qualifications. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Will Be Doing The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the Processing Unit which are highly technical and require the application of complex procurement standards and procedures, including negotiation.
- Ensuring the prompt delivery of essential goods and services
- Consulting with project teams about their needs and desired purchases
- Ensuring that project and department goals are met while adhering to approved budgets
- Negotiating favorable prices and terms of purchase
- Building and maintaining good relationships with commodity suppliers and distributors
- Tracking savings in SharePoint
- Studying market trends and identifying risks when sourcing
- Resolving vendor disputes and commodity related issues
- Developing strategy for achieving annual savings goal
- Timely and accurate preparation of all documentation
What You Need for this Position 3+ years of relevant procurement experience and:
- Bachelors Degree
- Oil and Gas procurement experience PREFERRED
- Maritime industry experience a PLUS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent time management/deadline management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to learn new technical systems as needed
- Reliable transportation and drivers license in good standing
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card
What's In It for You - Salary 90-110k (based on experience)
- Discretionary Bonus
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Retirement plan
- Opportunities for advancement
So, if you are a Senior Buyer with the desired experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 25 minutes ago
Menlo Park, California
Posted 23 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!