Overview: Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) supported, as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Provides a business unit with a point of contact to manage application initiatives, support, break fixes and system enhancements for the business area.
Company Overview: At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies and drives improvements in the use of IT applications.
- Analyzes complex issues quickly and chooses best solutions and course of action.
- Manages requests for assigned business area, w orks with non-technical business users to gather business requirements and turns requirements into functional specifications for application enhancements and new projects.
- Maintains a backlog of requests from the supported business area and routinely meets to adjust/identify priorities.
- Estimates work effort and builds a business case for specific enhancements.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Creates and updates living documentation for all applications in assigned business area.
- Manages maintenance releases of supported systems.
- Provides 3 rd tier support for business applications and works with the development team to resolve system bugs.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Facilitates meetings with key stakeholders.
- Manages multiple tasks and priorities as well as expectations
- Senior analysts will also:
- M onitor external influences (both technology and business) to identify changes early; participate in local / national user groups to stay abreast of the latest developments in the application.
- Possess an understanding of technological trends and use this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Analyze business strategy and business processes to determine opportunities to automate system processes and functions.
- Make recommendations for buy vs. build decisions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information System, Business Administration, or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 4 years (5 to 10 years for a senior) experience as a business analyst in the homebuilding industry.
- 3 to 5 years experience in business strategy and methodology related to assigned business area.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude; negotiation, conflict resolution, risk management skills required.
- Mature professional and team player and can get tasks accomplished across teams.
- Proven ability to work in a changing/growing environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Must be solution oriented and a creative problem solver.
- Ability to work with Project Managers and/or Business Analysts to ensure project timelines are appropriate.
- Ability to interact with business users and manage tasks by using cross-functional management skills
- Typical office environment
- The position may require limited travel (less than 10%)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
, which includes a link to an additional notice for California residents and which link can also be visited directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy
.Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.