The Senior Business Analyst should have 5 years of Business Analysis experience with a Property and Casualty Insurance Carrier, Reinsurance Carrier or large Agency or Broker. This position requires strong analytical capabilities as well as the intellectual curiosity required to analyze large datasets and identify trends over time or differences between classes or territories that AmTrust E&S can use to drive decision making and increase profits.
The Senior Business Analyst must be comfortable discussing insurance data and computations with actuaries, underwriters, and claims personnel.
- Provide AmTrust E&S management with monthly, quarterly, and annual production reports including reports tracking performance along the following dimensions:
- Line of Business
- Class of Business
- Underwriter and Underwriting Team
- State and Territory
- These reports will track premium and policy volumes by new and renewal, renewal retention by volume and count, track total commissions paid, and policy fees received.
- Incorporate information provided by other analytical centers into the management reports including rate change information from Actuarial.
- Provide AmTrust E&S Operations Vice President with monthly and quarterly claims reports.
- Serve as primary liaison with AmTrust Data Science team to produce more automated, meaningful reports directly from company data warehouse.
- Analyze and interpret changes in new and renewal production against loss and rate change. Track and report on newly appointed broker production.
- Track all planned performance metrics against actual.
- Annually assist the Vice President of Operations in developing AmTrust E&S Business Plan
- Assist Vice President of Operations with providing support to the Ceded Reinsurance department.
- Monthly production of reports tracking key compliance metrics and communication of breaches.
- Production of ad hoc reports as required.
- Five + years of increasing responsibility of business analysis for insurance or reinsurance companies or for large Broker or Agency
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field
- Some work performed with other departments in support of larger projects.
- History of providing output to managers and other departments and explaining the reports.
- History of incorporating reports run elsewhere in their own work.
What We Offer
- Computer Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Good ability with Word and Powerpoint
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Access or other database system a plus
- History of working with enterprise data reporting packages and ability to identify unexpected and incorrect output
- Ability to communicate accurately to management through presentations and in writing
- Basic statistical reasoning with ability to perform computations a plus.
- Understanding of basic Property and Casualty rating and classification systems.
- Basic understanding of Property and Casualty coverages.
- Position can sit in the Boston or Chicago office.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.