Our Naming capability guides our clients through a strategic and creative process to identify the name that creates the greatest meaning and impact in their customers' lives. As a Brand Strategy team member, you will use inventive creative thinking through a rigorous strategic and analytical lens. You will have the opportunity to consult with C-suite and senior-level clients across industries on a range of firm capabilities (e.g., naming, taglines, naming systems/architecture + contributing to brand positioning, voice and other areas).
As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for structuring and managing the project, as well as guiding project team members. You will use business knowledge, past experience, and project team resources effectively to address client challenges and fulfill project deliverables. As a senior member of our naming capability team, you must be comfortable being positioned as a naming specialist with the ability to navigate naming/tagline assignments of all sizes and complexities.
Unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences allow us to think bigger, deliver the most impactful results to our clients, and succeed together. Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel represented, welcomed, able to contribute, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and who we strive to be tomorrow. This role offers exposure to a talented and passionate team all the while developing and building some of the world's leading brands. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of existing and new brands, driving changes in the global marketplace.
With a specialization in naming, you are experienced in and could be responsible for:
- Understanding the nuances and complexities of naming for global brands, particularly with B2B and consumer services clients, and understanding how to navigate to a solution
- Managing the naming process, including overseeing the development of naming briefs and timelines, and leading short-listing sessions
- Understanding trademarking principles and guiding mid- and senior-level executives on trademarking, as well as working directly with client counsel to establish screening parameters and navigating results from comprehensive legal searches
- Developing strategic rationales for names to be presented for products, services, and companies across industries
- Working across a range of concurrent projects varying in type and scale
- Presenting with confidence and pizzazz to very senior audiences
- Selling in a recommendation
- Guiding clients through the naming process and providing counsel along the journey
Other responsibilities could include:
- Supervise the development of potential brand strategy opportunities based on client business strategy / vision, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analysis and customer insights
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging the client and firm resources effectively
- Collaborate with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Structure project work plans and guide team workflow
- Develop storyboards and identify applicable frameworks for client presentations
- Effectively communicate with both internal case teams and external client teams
- Play an integral role in formal and informal client presentations
- Conduct in-depth interviews with clients and their customers
- Apply findings from quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research to naming briefs, partnering with Lippincott or our client's analytics specialists, as appropriate
- Help motivate and mentor junior staff
- Help manage client expectations
- Work under minimal supervision
- Manage case team resources (e.g., talent, IC, budget)
- Developing client relationships for business development opportunities
- Minimum 7 years of experience in brand or related consulting, advertising planning, business strategy, in-house brand management or planning, or in another relevant background
- MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Willingness to travel, including internationally, in accordance with COVID protocols
- Strong project management abilities
- Demonstrated team, client, and project management skills
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
This job has expired.