Job ID: 313300
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The senior application and integration developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and integrations between applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. The senior application and integrations developer will also support, analyze, and remedy software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work with other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and integrations between applications.
- Support team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by developing and adhering to best practices and patterns.
- May work with or oversee off shore vendor developers.
- Collaborate with other application developers, business analysts and end users to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web, mobile, and desktop-based business applications.
- Assist business analysts in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development and integration software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and integrations improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and integrations between applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs and integrations for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of software and/or related applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and DB engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Other duties as required my management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years experience IT and/or engineering experience
- 5+ years experience of software development lifecycle, deployment, and maintenance
- 5+ years experience of applications integration development lifecycle, deployment, and support
- 3+ years experience with Enterprise Service Bus or other leading automated integration tools
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 10%
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively understand concerns
- Excellent customer service skills combined with the ability to solve problems
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and monitor progress.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- 3+ years experience with leading integration platforms (Mulesoft, Tibco, IBM, JBoss, Biztalk, etc)
- 3+ years experience working with applications integrations standards and best practices
- 3+ years experience understanding of database modeling.
- 3+ years experience understanding of development best practices (C#, T-SQL).
- 3+ years of experience web application deployment.
- 3+ years of experience understanding of development best practices for Kendo UI, bootstrap or other.
- Experience with mobile platform development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The position may require travel up to 10%
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, System Administrator, Procurement, Technology, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.