For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst of Stores Finance to independently manage Athleta’s Retail OPEX. In this highly visible role, you’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with the Head of Stores, Stores & Operations, and field leadership team. This role is critical to the success of strategically growing our Stores channel so we’re looking for an individual who is extremely analytical, laser-focused on details, a strong relationship builder, and motivated to drive results.
What you'll do
- Partner with manager to effectively model and manage all store payroll and related expenses for the growing Athleta North America fleet, including the development and communication of periodic labor forecasts to store leadership and to internal finance business partners
- Engage with central store operations and cross-functional business partner leads to develop labor plans, model initiative expense profiles, and support in quantifying opportunities related to pilot and optimized productivity initiatives
- Develop the annual budget for store labor engaging central store operations and corporate business partners for relevant cross-brand investment, supporting Athleta’s strategic and growth priorities
- Develop the strategy and provide the required analytical support to recommend improved ways of managing store OPEX in a growing and evolving business environment
- Identify key drivers of store OPEX variability and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities, with drive toward the highest level of accuracy in forecasting and analysis
Who you are
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related field
- 3-4+ years of financial analysis experience, consulting, Big 4 accounting, or related equivalent
- Experience in retail industry and/or growth stage company preferred
- Able to synthesize large, disparate amounts of data into a cohesive framework
- Able to resourcefully problem solve and effectively drive toward results
- Able to leverage exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and professionalism to drive accountability in role
- Advanced Excel skills, and modeling skills required, knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.