If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center Operations Department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrative Secretary.
The Senior Administrative Assistant performs both technical and complex administrative projects as well as general clerical work in support of the day-to-day operations of the assigned unit. Applies independent judgment in the completion of assignments which include data compilation and analysis, the development and preparation of unit and project budgets, and monitoring unit expenses. May act as a lead to lower level administrative staff assigned to the unit.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and providing day-to-day calendar management support to Faculty Investigators. Meeting coordination responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating meeting space with UM facilities, ordering catering, and determining, arranging, and setting up AV requirements.
- Preparing, coordinating, and disseminating documentation to distribute at meetings such as meeting agendas and meeting materials.
- Preparing PowerPoints as requested.
- Notifying participants of upcoming meetings, agendas, and location.
- Attending key meetings and recording meeting minutes as requested.
- Answering telephones, taking messages, answering routine questions, and transferring calls to appropriate individuals. Greeting visitors and callers, handling their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Tracking, preparing, and coordinating all documents and paperwork for the hospital's position coordination committee meetings.
- Preparing any required correspondence such as announcements, letters of support, memos, and email communications on behalf of Sylvester Leaders and Staff.
- Scheduling and coordinating conferences as required. This may include but is not limited to preparing correspondence, coordinating catering, AV requirements, and meeting space with UM facilities, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintaining electronic storage of information on meetings, including related correspondence, meeting announcements, attendance roster, hand-outs,
- High School Diploma or equivalent Certification
- : Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: