R.S. Harritan & Company, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance. We are a full-service mechanical contractor, primarily working with industrial clients. Our span of activity includes new construction, repair and retrofit, contract maintenance, plant shutdown activities, equipment erection, and fabrication of sheet metal, miscellaneous structural steel, and piping assemblies.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing the month, quarter and year-end close processes, and for ensuring accounts are reconciled to the general ledger. Responsibilities require analytical assumptions regarding the monthly financial statements and assisting with financial reporting to the Controller. The Senior Accountant shall assist the Controller with the financial functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with industry financial management techniques and Corporate and local best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice and promote EMCOR and R. S. Harritan's Code of Ethics, "Mission First, People Always" in conducting business - both internally and externally.
- Assist in managing accounting processes.
- Assist in preparing accurate and timely monthly financial statements and budgets.
- Prepare account reconciliations and record journal entries.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes.
- Prepare for all audits.
- Maintain the fixed asset and inventory ledgers.
- Perform input and produce accurate and timely payroll on a weekly and semi-monthly basis when required. Analyze pre and post payroll audit reports to identify and resolve errors.
- Randomly audit workflow accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, AP, fixed assets, payroll, cash reconciliation)
- Assist in the preparation of tax filing
- Participate and support in with developing the processes/procedures necessary to ensure regulatory compliance, proper records maintenance, and adequate accounting controls in support of Company operations
- Participate, support the Controller, accounting, and finance department to ensure alignment with the Company's operational vision. Instill an attitude of service in the finance organization
- This is not a remote work position.
- Due to the upstream client requirements covid-19 vaccination in accordance with the CDC guidelines for being fully vaccinated is required.
- A valid state driver's license is required.
- Successful passage of a drug and alcohol screening, consistent with federal and state law.
- Successful completion of a background investigation, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law, including, but not limited to, a background check of employment, education history, criminal history, and verification of driving record.
NoneEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in accounting/finance required, or related academic discipline, and 3-5 years professional experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred.
- Professional payroll experience as required with the essential duties of this position is required. Union payroll experience is preferred.
- CPA accreditation preferred, but not required.
- Qualified candidate will possess industry and/or local market experience.
- Strong working knowledge of FASB, SOX, IRS, Federal and State regulations as they apply to the essential functions of this position.
- Familiarity with construction contract language and terms.
- Advanced Computer/Technical Skills with various accounting applications (life cycle of the accounting and finance departments)
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to work with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Commitment to Company values.
- Strategic approach with ability to understand local markets and specific aspects of business.
- Professional level written and verbal communications skills commensurate with a management position overseeing and directing the work of reporting employees.
- Ability to work well and contribute as a partner in a team environment.
- Ability to lead people and get results through influence.
- Technical skills in accounting and finance within the level of experience for this position.
- Ability to improve processes, analyze, and solve problems on a proactive, strategic, and tactical level.
- Ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.EEO STATEMENTWe offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.