The Technical Development organization at Moderna is looking for top talent in science and engineering to deliver on its mission to design manufacturing processes for mRNA medicines. New graduates with advanced degrees will have an opportunity to be part of high-performing project teams developing new manufacturing platforms to produce mRNA therapeutics and vaccines destined for clinical trials and commercial licensure. You will apply your educational background and learn new technical skills in the synthesis of mRNA, assembly of lipid nanoparticles and formulation of drug products to be administered to patients. You will develop a deep understanding of control strategies to ensure manufacturing processes can consistently deliver mRNA medicines of the highest quality.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:Minimum Qualifications
- The primary responsibilities of this role will be generating and reviewing method performance data to support late phase test method robustness assessment and close gaps identified during method transfer. Further responsibilities include issuing tech memos and analytical reports to support regulatory filings and performing data analysis using biostatistical tools to support process development and specification setting.
- These efforts will be focused upon method development and implementation to support early and late phase development programs within Moderna's Technical Development group. This role will be located at the new Moderna Technology Center in Norwood, MA. The individual will be a great contributor to mRNA drug development by providing all necessary analytical support to the process development, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory teams.
- Apply your laboratory, technical and communication skills to design experiments, perform advanced data analysis, and document in formal reports, patent filings and peer-reviewed publications.
- Build strategies for process scale-up, technology transfer and ongoing manufacturing support at internal Moderna, and external contract manufacturing sites.
- Plan, design, execute and analyze experiments
- Perform formal risk assessments and Design of Experiments studies to establish critical process parameters, and overall process control strategies.
- Optimize the designs of unit operations and fully integrated processes.
- Review and share relevant academic literature and establish new collaborations with internal and external research and manufacturing groups.
- Design and qualify scaled-down models, and high throughput experimental setups for unit operations
- Collaborate with the analytical and preclinical research teams to fully characterize products with respect to physicochemical attributes and in-vivo/vitro biological function.
- Prepare technical reports and present findings in cross-functional and external meetings
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry/Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Science, Materials Science or a related field
- Expert scientific and engineering skills for the evaluation of experimental data
- Advanced laboratory skills applicable to bioprocess development and analytical methods
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as the ability to contribute to high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including publications in peer-reviewed journals
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Experience with biotechnology unit operations related to drug product manufacture for nanoparticle drug products
- Experience with design, scale-up/down and optimization of manufacturing processes
- Problem solving skills, operational excellence and Six-Sigma or related training
- Experience with analytical tools for the characterization of drug product processes and products, particularly nucleic acid and lipid nanoparticle products
- Understanding of cGMP, ICH and regulatory guidelines as they relate to risk management and pharmaceutical development
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.