A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is committed to solving the toughest problems in life science. Our Gene Editing and Novel Modalities division is seeking experienced and motivated candidates for a full-time Scientist position at our Laclede facility in St. Louis within the Genome and Epigenome Editing group. Our group is involved in developing a wide range of cutting-edge CRISPR and gene-editing technologies for use by researchers in pharmaceutical companies and academic labs.
This position will support new product development by contributing to product development and evaluation, performing experiments involving cell culture, CRISPR gene editing, molecular biology (including PCR, qRT-PCR, DNA sequencing and analysis), writing technical reports and methods, and review current literature. You will collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues in R&D, business development, project management, manufacturing, communications, and marketing.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) and 5+ years of experience in a related technical area - OR -
- Master's degree in a scientific field (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) and 3+ years of experience in a related technical area - OR -
- PhD in a scientific field (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, primary human cell culture, induced pluripotent stem cell culture
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing
- Experience with enzyme evolution and protein characterization.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Python;
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to keep a timely and accurate lab notebook
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Ability to work efficiently and dynamically in a fast-paced team environment
- Innovation mindset
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214819
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.