Sensory Scientist - Makeup Sensory/Expert Group
We are seeking an experienced and creative sensory Scientist with knowledge of the personal care business to join our Sensory and Expert Science Team. As a key member of the team you will coordinate and execute sensory testing on makeup products, specifically for the eye and nail categories. In this function, you will be working cross functionally with the different labs in the makeup métiers, as well as instrumental, consumer and clinical/claims evaluation teams. This position is in the Product Performance Evaluation (PPE) Department at the L'Oreal USA Research & Innovation facility in Clark, NJ.
- Partners with labs in getting clear objectives and context for projects
- Provides recommendation on the test design of sensory testing based on project objective
- Interacts with our sensory panel locally and internationally, as needed
- Designs questionnaires and executes sensory studies in FIZZ from start to finish
- Conducts panel training, performance assessments, and feedback sessions with sensory panelists
- Assesses data quality of test results and database
- Analyzes test results, synthesizes the information and writes reports to meet business objectives
- Communicates and presents findings to key stakeholders and management
- Liaisons with global sensory team and assists in coordination of international sensory studies
- Maintains product databases and sensory training manuals
- Works cross functionally with other PPE groups and divisions
- Maintain good knowledge of sensory evaluation and be active in scientific publication and presentation
- Bachelors' degree in Food Science, Sensory Science, Psychology, or related science field; Master's degree a plus
- 2-3 years of industry sensory descriptive panel experience
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Scientific writing/ report writing
- Ability to synthesize data and write relevant and meaningful results that meet business objectives
- Ability to multi-task, good organization skills, and flexibility is a must
- Knowledge of:
- Experimental design and basic statistical methods including statistical packages such as XLSTAT, SPSS, or SAS - strong knowledge of Multivariate Statistical Analysis is a plus
- Questionnaire programs such as SIMS, Compusense, or FIZZ
- Creativity in developing new testing methods
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills
- Experience with cosmetics, skin care and/or personal care products - products relationship is a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
This job has expired.