TriMark USA is one of the country's largest providers of foodservice equipment and supplies. We proudly serve our customers by providing design services, commercial equipment, and foodservice supplies across a wide range of industries and business sectors. As a company, we strive to lead with our values and to support the success and sustainability of our customers so they can focus on their culinary pursuits.
FULL TIME | HYBRID | BENEFITS INCLUDED
(Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet & Legal Insurance)
The Sales Support Specialist reports to the Supervisor of Sales Support, and is located in San Diego, CA.
As part of the Sales Support Department the Sales Support Specialist will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Business Development (outside sales) team by sourcing product ideas; creating quotes and orders with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment; working with vendors, manufacturers and internal departments; and providing top-notch customer service relating to promotional and proprietary products and services. Focus for this position will be on profitable revenue growth and customer relationship management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED and one or more years' experience in a customer service position.
- Experience within the hospitality or food service field, with working knowledge of food service, back of the house and front of the house supplies.
- Prior work experience in a sales, call center and/or telephone support role while supporting external and internal customers with multiple product lines.
- Prior experience working with vendors, product manufacturers and/ or buyers and purchasing agents.
- Experience in distribution environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aids during bidding process
- Research and issue credit, returns, and price adjustments
- Proactively seek opportunities to engage in "up-selling" and bundling techniques in order to profitably grow revenue.
- Assist BDM's in closing sales by distinguishing R.W. Smith & Co. quotes and services.
- Maintain close working relationship with assigned BDM's and customers in order to understand the competitive marketplace and to leverage that knowledge to the benefit of customers and R.W. Smith & Co.
- Evaluate requests and develop proposals that achieve both customer solutions and profitable growth for the company.
- Work closely with manufacturers, vendors and BDM's to develop proposals, based on market level pricing for product and installation / maintenance proposals.
- Update forecasts and provide monthly reporting that is actionable, based on forecasted opportunities.
- Continually gather critical site information about R.W. Smith & Co. products, collecting it for the product database system and using it to prospect for additional opportunities.
- Assist the sales team in all aspects of the sales process (category, account and database research, proposal requests, insertion orders, revisions, post-buy analysis, account management, presentations, etc.)
- Field telephone calls for traveling team members.
- Develop a working relationship with key contacts inside and outside of the company, facilitating smooth coordination of the sales and marketing process.
- Maintain account files including correspondence, contracts and revisions associated with the order.
- Resolve problems with billing/invoices and inventory issues under the direction of the sales team.
- Assist with drafting and finalizing sales proposals and the management of proposal templates
- Assist with general logistics coordination and content preparation for onsite and offsite sales visits
- Assist in the management of all sales and marketing related content to drive efficiency and improved production
- Serve as "home office" point of contact for sales team
- Assist in training as needed for new Sales Coordinators, Business Development Managers and others.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain, organize and complete work assignments in a logical manner.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conversational phone skills, and experience dealing with customers.
- Solid understanding of proper grammar usage, sentence structure with average (or above average) spelling skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly, as well as, reprioritize to meet ever changing needs.
- Basic business math skills required.
- Ability to problem solve and present creative solutions.
- Working knowledge and experience within the following Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn, become proficient with and maneuver within various order processing and tracking systems.
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of basic business writing.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TriMark's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is a purposeful mission of strengthening our organization and those we serve by uniting the unique differences of our employees. This mission is instilled in who we are as a company. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion through sharing, education, and experiences. We are greater together through unity in diversity. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to .