EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: --Sales Representative-Automation/Controls/BAS
Job Summary: --We have an exciting outside sales opportunity for an enthusiastic individual t find and obtain new work for the Controls Division. The type of work includes both plan/spec and design/build or direct to owner projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Develop and grow EMCOR's building automation sales within the branch territory
• Prequalify business opportunities to ensure alignment with company goals
• Review project plans and specifications to design and estimate complex DDC controls systems
• Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFP responses
• Create detailed cost estimates including material, labor, system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, and vendor/subcontractor quotes
• Develop technical proposals and detailed scope letters
• Attend sales calls, pre-bid meetings and site assessments for potential projects
• Call on consulting engineers, general contractors, and mechanical contractors in order to develop long-term relationships and position EMCOR Services as their preferred provider of building automation systems
• Maintain a database of clients and potential projects and regularly update the General Manager as opportunities flow through the pipeline
• Represents EMCOR Services in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
• Ability to successfully turn over sales documentation and estimates and effectively communicate the scope of work to the engineering department.
Qualifications: --B.S or A.S. in Mechanical Engineering OR B.S in Business Management OR equivalent experience in the building controls/HVAC industry
• Must have demonstrated experience in Building Automation or HVAC sales
• Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to stay current with new DDC technology
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must have an understanding of mechanical systems and the application of controls to those systems.
• Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including PTO and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!