Primary Purpose of Position
This role is instrumental in leading, implementing and supporting the Sales, Inventory Operations and Planning Process (SIOP). The SIOP Manager will directly lead and coordinate the full spectrum of analysis for the process including Demand Planning, Rough Cut Capacity Planning, and Forecasting Analysis. This role will also own the full rhythm of the SIOP process to include weekly, monthly and quarterly cross functional meetings to include senior management.
- Execute full leadership and coordination of cross functional SIOP process to include Sales, Supply Chain, Production Planning, Operations, Management and individual production facilities.
- Define the S&OP subprocesses. Typically, the S&OP process is composed of a collection of processes that culminate in an agreed-upon plan that's finalized in the executive S&OP meeting. The typical subprocesses are demand review, supply review and financial review. The process owner will work with the subprocess representatives to ensure that their current process practices are well-aligned with the goals of the overall S&OP process.
- Design the format and goals of the S&OP meeting. The process owner will define what makes for a successful meeting. This includes premeeting preparation, a template for the agenda, the required participants, the escalation and resolution process, and the expected outcomes.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs). The owner will identify the most important KPIs to measure the success of the S&OP process. The process owner will get agreement on how these KPIs are calculated, work with the business to determine targets and identify the systems required to collect the necessary data. These KPI's should include total Inventory and production line changeovers -- 2 key indicators of process success.
- Inform the Executive Sponsor Champion of any technological, cultural or process roadblocks to SIOP success.
- Educate and champion. The process owner will be the chief champion, working with business units to demonstrate the logic behind and value of adopting S&OP. The owner will support the business in conducting S&OP self-assessment and support regions or business units in their initial rollout of the S&OP process.
- Design an audit program to ensure compliance. After implementing an S&OP process, most companies struggle with sustaining the level of maturity achieved. To that end, the process owner will design and implement an audit program that will measure adherence to the process and continued efficacy.
- Lead supporting technology selections as key enablement tools. Working with stakeholders in supply chain, IT, finance, and sales and marketing, the process owner will lead the selection of technology solutions that support the S&OP process. This can include existing tools and as commercially available solutions. The process owner will determine the level of technology sophistication that can support current S&OP needs and the company's future aspirations for higher S&OP maturity levels.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with S&OP implementation, integration or process execution
- APICS or ASCM Certification and Training in S&OP
- CSCP or CPIM highly preferred but not required
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to assure and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be an active listener.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive pay and benefits: Compensation: The annual base salary range for this role is from $105,000 to $115,000, plus annual target bonus of 15% of base salary. An annual bonus is awarded to eligible employees upon attaining various business and individual goals as defined by Ball Metalpack and the department leader. This annual bonus is discretionary, and Ball Metalpack has sole discretion to determine the amount of the award.
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including FSA and HSA options * 401(k) retirement plan with company match * Wellbeing tools and resources to support holistic health, including an Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services * Paid time off and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family * Variety of company paid and voluntary employee-paid insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance * Tuition reimbursement
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.